Guardianship in North Carolina

As you create an estate plan, you can nominate a guardian for your minor children to ensure that, should the unthinkable happen, they will be left in trusted and capable hands. You can designate a trusted individual of your choosing to serve as your child’s legal and physical guardian, overseeing their healthcare, education, financial needs, and general well-being until they come of age. You can also create a guardianship for an incapacitated adult who is unable to care for themselves.

Personalized Services to Serve Your Needs

During our initial meeting, we can discuss your hopes for your loved one’s future. From there, we can determine the best path forward to help achieve these goals. Some situations may be fairly straightforward, while others may require more nuanced, long-term planning to ensure that your loved one receives sufficient care. Regardless of your specific needs, I’m ready to help you put the necessary protections in place so you can rest easier knowing that your loved ones will remain in good hands.

Discuss your guardianship needs with a trusted Durham estate planning attorney today by calling Judy Whisnant, Attorney at Law, P.C. at (919) 688-6860.